oh the last day of the year.

part of me is excited at the possibilities of the new year and the other is sad to see the the last turn to memories. I was just thinking this morning that this time last year i was out to here(-------) pregnant, and actually enjoying the PG. Now I have a sweet little girl learning to crawl, eating everything in sight and still not gaining too much, though I suppose that if I crawled as much as she did I wouldn't gain to much either.

The last year has been interesting to say the least. I have (lets see) been pg, gotten pneumonia, had a beautiful baby, started the best exercise for me, reached a senior green in that sport and going to blue in just over 4 weeks. I have seen babies born and my mother pass to the other side, bought a house watched it flood, and wish for nicer things. Made new friends and wished for old ones to be closer when I needed hugs. I have found ways to fight depression and won and lost a few bouts with it. I have discovered that my body is older than I would like to believe, and stronger than I thought. I have forgotten and regained testimonies and found things to believe in so strongly that at times it hurts when other don't believe the same. I have felt the compassion of others and long for the day when that compassion can be returned. I have enjoyed and struggle with parenthood, tried to be a better home maker (still working on that) and found ways to truly enjoy who I am.


I have hopes for the new year with new strategies put in place for house home and family. I hope and pray that we strive to do better in all that we do be it play family work or religion. I wish this for all as well.

Please have a happy new year and make the best of it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great Picture!