Going Home

FOrgive me if this is a bit disjointed. I had these thoughts going north today and have to put them down before I forget them.

Like going back home

I am going on a trip that feeling like going home after being gone for a long time. Familiar sites and sounds come back,
As the miles pass behind.
Voices all but forgotten come flooding to my mind,
I find my self thinking fondly of things I left behind.
As I walk through the doors there are some slight differences,
But the feel is still the same.
Warm caring and peaceful, full of joy not pain.
Listening to wiser ones, and feeling their concern.
Hugs and touches of tenderness just when you need it most.
As I walk back through the doors, I vow it won't be long,
Before I return to this place, it feels like going home.


not real good I know but the words were there and I just had to get them out.

No comments: