my rant against the school system

I thought for sure that my kids would have today off as it is veterans day. Their father is a Veteran and I know he fought hard to keep our freedom. Sure he didn't fight in a major battle but dang it so many of them have died fighting for us. I love that my husband did his part for the freedom or our country and I am proud of all of those who are now fighting for the safety of our country. I believe that MLK did some great things but not at the expense of our countries freedom like so many others have. He did some really great things, things that forever changed our society, but he was one man and they traded that off for all our heroes.

Any my kids don't officially have today off but me being the person I am they do now. I called the school and told them that they weren't coming in. For me it is a matter of now forgetting what we have and why we have it. I am a PROUD American. Yes I am made of of Irish, English, Scottish, even some French and Cherokee, but I live in America I speak English. I obey the laws of this land and I don't think I could be anywhere else.

So my kids are off today and if I had it my way they would go to school on MLK day and that would be fine with me. enough of my soap box my kids and I are going to go and find a veteran's day activity.

No comments: