when God listens

Well ya know they tell ya not to pray for things you are not ready for. well I guess I was ready for what I prayed for cause I got it.

In the course of my morning prayers yesterday I asked of opportunities to serve. my dh calls me and asks me if I had found a turkey yet and I told him no. So he sends me to KS and I am to buy a Turkey. As I pull in to the parking stall, in my old and busted GMC, a brand new highlander is having trouble starting. I watch the old guy for a while then I roll down the window (which won't roll back up when I am done) and ask him if he needs to be jumped. He says he isn't sure he has never had this ahappen before (hello NEW) . I tell him I keep cables with me and I pop my hood and grab the cables. I swear as soon and that new car knew we were going to make it go it started right up.

Later that night there is a knock at the door, and it is our part memeber family. He isn't she is and yes there are kids. they had a bunch of clothes that didn't fit anymore and were sharing with us. As we are talking i asked when the dd turned 12 . Next month so I told her that when she turned 12 I would be more than happy to giver her a ride to yw, the mother loved the idea. while she was there she mentioned that they really should get back to church and well there i was again, telling them if they needed a ride it would be cramped but we would manage. I have to tel ya at the end of the night i just felt so good being in the right place at the right time. And the blessing are all ready flowing in.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great story Marlee!