Tears for a friend

I am now just as sad as the day my mother died. I cry not for me this time but for a dear friend whose father has been fighting for his life for the past 6 years. you see that is when they gave his father 6 months to live due to a stroke and some cancers. He fought for another 5 and half years to be with his family. It still doesn't help though, the hurt is still there when they are gone. I know that he will see him again, and he knows it but dang it it isn't knowing that you will see them again that hurts. It is next week when he goes to pick up the phone to call him and he won't be there. It is when he is extremely proud of one of his children's accomplishments and can't wait to tell his dad. It isn't those that have gone on to the perfection of the afterlife that hurt, it is those ,that for the time being, they have left behind.

I am extremely grateful to know of the afterlife and that all the pain of missing them will melt when I see my mother, Aunt, and other great and wonderful relatives. I am grateful to know that the atonement has taken away and and all of their pain. I KNOW that they are doing the work that they are meant to do. Once in a while though on days like today I hurt just a little.

No comments: