I need to cry for a while

I just hurt. depression sucks. I have been fighting with it for so long and I have too many friends for whom the devil has stuck his toe in though that door. I have heard people say how they would just like to stay in bed. I wonder how many of them have actually hurt when they do get out of bed. how many could just stay in bed and let tim(months and even years) pass by. I know this fight. I have day where getting out of the bed is my biggest accomplishment, I don't do much else on days like that. Others I manage to shower. The goods days are coming closer and closer I think but I am still always tired.

I am beginning to realize that this is how he hurts families. Whole families. Think about it. the mom on my big fat greek wedding was so right. Men are the head of the house but the woman(mother) is the neck that turns the head. How better to break down Gods most important unit. When you get a kink in your neck doesn't it hurt to Turn, bend, and do just about anything? So when we feel like crap as mothers it makes sense that the rest of the house does too.

I read my PB the other day ( found it after a VERY long time) and noticed that I am to be my husbands biggest support. Both in his career and with his priesthood calling and duties as a father. I have noticed that when I trying to that support ( like kiss him before work and let him know he is loved, even asking for blessing) he is better and more willing to do those things. The trouble comes when I can't see through the muck to make anyone feel better because I don't feel good either.

I am fighting and will continue to fight( sometimes the end of the day feels like I have been beat up) and just keep movin' (for those country people I think you can guess the song in my head). I pray for those that fight the fight with me, and I cry when the day just needs it.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

{{{{hugs Marls}}}}}
I am sorry you are dealing with this ugly monster, it is hard. I pray you find some relief from it soon, and know that your not alone, and loved by many. Love ya!

lahdeedaa said...

hey....I don't even need my glasses to read your post ;)

MarLee (((HUGS)))

I am praying your cloud will lift, soon. I pray for clarity and peace for you. I like the analogy of the woman/mom being the neck--and I agree, when there's a problem in the neck (a pain in the neck?), nothing works right anymore...

Thanks for sharing this, my friend.

(Nadja)

Shayla said...

Hugs MarLee!
I would so like to kick "that guy's" butt. Guess he didn't get one though. But seriously, in the Millenium, or right before it(I am so mixed up!) whenever that big old battle is, I'd like to do some major butt kicking and tell them, "This is for all the moms who you tried to bring down!"

Love ya!

Kari said...

Oh Mar'Lee! I'm so sorry for your hurting and depression.

((((HUGS)))) You are SO wonderful, I've met you in person, I've been your friend on message boards for at least 5 years now and I can honestly say you are kind and humble and just Wonderful!!

I've been trying to limit my computer time, but maybe you and I need another get together? Let's do it when Janet comes to town, okay? We can meet at my house, a restaurant, wherever, a park will probably be too cold that time of year though.

WatchMeLoseWeight said...

Just letting you know how much I love you Mar'Lee!

Kate

Lisa said...

I hope you can figure out a way to pull yourself out of the dark soon. Depressions sucks.