Hmm I am thinking.....

Maybe HF wanted to smack the entire ward today. all three meetings (testimonies included) revolved around prayer. Sunday school was prayer, RS lesson was Prayer, we got a new counselor in the Bishopric and they bore their testimonies about being called of god through prayer.


So it got me thinking How often do I pray in a way that my father would like. See that was a big point today. somebody called it a grocery list. Do we go and to HF and say thank you for this, this, this ,and this, and then help me with this this this and this, oh and please help all these people, Or do we really think about what we are going to say before we say it. The analogy was made about our kids and how much we really listen to them when they continually are asking us in that Can it can I can I type of asking verses when they say hey mom I would really like to have this what can I do to make it happen and that our father is the same. to get the most out of him we need to ask what we can do so that all of that happens.


I know this is getting long but it really struck me. They also talked about how and when and where we pray. They especially touched base that during family prayers with small kids they need to be kept short so that small kids will learn a love of praying and not hate having to it. that personal private prayers were where we could pour our hearts out to him and let him know EVERYTHING in our hearts. Group prayer should focus only on that meeting and so on.


It was all so thought provoking that I am making a new goal to pray with more thought. NOt only that but I am going to work on a FHE right out of that manual so that DH and the kids will know too.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Marls--
Thanks for that inspiration!!