Lunch with Kari.

I am so sorry it took me so long to do this. I swear I am the most dis organized person there is. Kari was so fun to meet. Her kids are so cute especially little Tyler, and Kari, well Kari is beautiful. Our kids had a great time together and even baby Kyla was a doll the whole time (not so much on the way home but I digress). Kari is really easy to talk to and we ( I thought) got a long really well. we talked about everything from the looks we were getting ( with 7 kids I get those looks a lot) to what a shock it was that our friend Kylie was gone, we even talked about what a great bunch of friends we have on our board. The time Flew and we had to go.

After we left she went to the Outlets and I, well I went where I go every time I go to Lone Tree COSTCO. The inevitable happened, Somebody ALWAYS asks if they are all mine. What do I say to that " no I stole somebody's kids on the way here." OF COURSE THEY ARE ALL MINE, what you can't see the resemblance in their looks. I usually say " yes they are" and then the "Whoa" or " god bless" or "I don't know how you do it" comes in to finish up the display of shock.

We headed home and got hit by a rainstorm in spots it was raining so hard that I couldn't see the road in front of the car and at the base of the mountain in Monument I wanted to wring CDOT'S neck. There was a Lake (ok a puddle the size of a small pond) ON THE FREEWAY . your going 75 and then in a heart beat have to slow WAY down and still the water is spraying up over your car and you can't see a thing, and you are praying that no one has had to stop suddenly in front of you because you are going to hit them if they did.

We did make it home though and all in all it was a great day.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Mar'Lee, I had a great time meeting up with you too. No, we didn't wont for conversation that is for sure!!

Isn't it crazy we were so rainy then and now we are pushing 100? But that is Colorado weather for ya!!

I hope all is going good for you guys!