who would have thunk it.

I was watching a movie that I thougth would never have led me to a Christ theme, but it did.  I was watching LOTR where Sam and Frodo are on Mount Mordor.  Frodo is ready to give up and just die and Sam asks if he can remember the Shire, Frodo says No I see nothing but the eye even when waking.  Sam then looks at him and says "Then let us be rid of it for good".  And this is where I start to cry.  Sam puts his arms under Frodo and says " I may not be able to carry this for you but I can carry you."  That got me thinking that this is somewhat what christ has done for us.  When the brurden is just more than we think we can bare he is there lifting us into his arms and carrying us until we can again carry our burdens.

Ok so I might be tired but there you have the LOTR turned churchy.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You're not alone. I've thought the same thing about that part of the movie.