Ok so I got some perspective.

I have a friend in TKD that was 2 weeks behind me in gestation that lost her baby this week. they went in to her regular appointment and found no heart beat the a US said no fetal movement either. her baby was delivered on April 27, 2007 and only weighed 3 pounds nine ounces. they will have a funeral for him and I hear he was a beautiful little boy. What struck me is that with all her grief and pain she wanted me to know. She has somethings that my baby will now be able to use. How she could even at this moment think about someone else is beyond me. I know where Thomas is and I know he is safe, they may not and to be in that place and still think of others is just WOW is about all I can say.

It has brought me to an understanding as well that as uncomfortable as I am and in early labor like I am, my baby is still there, still moving and growing and healthy and what a blessing that is. I am going to try and not complain any more about this child within me. I know I will be holding her soon and hearing her cry, watching her grow, and all those things my friend will not be able to witness. My heart aches for her and I find myself crying at times for all that she has to do and is missing out on now. At the same time I am so glad with each kick to know my baby is safe secure and alive.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

OH, that's such a hard thing to get word of when you're expecting!

Very excited for your little bumkin to show her face!