Strange days indeed.


So today was a very weird day for me. First my kids got up and out the door on time,then when they came home they sat down did homework and then their chores NO YELLING to get it done.

The really weird part came when I went to take the kids to TaeKwonDo I back out of the drive and hear a clank clank don't here it again so I am thinking I ran something over in the garage. I put it in drive and get half way up the block here is again clank clank thinking it is something stuck in the door I tell christine to open her door and pull what ever it is back in. Just then a lady on the side walk says you have something stuck in your tire. WHAT!!!!! so I walk around and sure enough in the right front tire is the metal hook to a bungee cord with the rest of the cord flapping in the breeze, as I am sitting there wondering how I am going to get this out (thing flat tire and late kids, Lets back up at this point to mention that my hubbie has told one of our family friends (non member) that we will be at his dd's chorale performance at 7 pm this evening to boot). Just my dd mentions that we have stopped right in front of the only other member on the block. SO I go up and knock to see if they at least have scissors that I can cut the stretch part off the bungee and pray, she comes out cuts it off and we PRAY all the way to TKD that the tire doesn't go flat and that we will be able to support our friends tonight. Randy is at TKD when we get there and comes out to see where the hook is and can't find it at all. He has me back up and pull forward nothing so I get out of the van and try to find it I mean heck it is the metal hook of a bungee cord how hard is it to miss. IT wasn't there no flat, no hook no leaking air nothing. Funniest part was all the way there the kids were asking how come it wasn't going flat all ready? And I was so trying to explain the whole pin in the balloon thing. you know when you stick a pin in the balloon straight on it won't leak till you take the pin back out. We finished TKD look at the tire still no flat and went to the chorale concert came home still nothing. I am amazed. A little weirded but truely amazed.

BTW the concert was at a Presbyterian building it was a beautiful building but to both DH and my self it felt more like a business then a house of the lord.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Love it when the kids surprise me with no whining or yelling and complaining, just do what they need to do, rare but I love it! I hope you have more days like that.