The biggest Joy in life.

who would have thought. You know most people I know when you ask them what Makes them happy,they tell me things. a new promotion a dress or a car.

For me it isn't things it is people , small learning people to be exact. lets take for example my almost 2 year old. She has brought me happiness from the day she was born. Now she is learning so many new things. Like how to get dressed and knowing that she likes to brush mommy's hair.

I have to tell you that when she wants to brush my hair I ALWAYS let her. Why? Because each time she does I can count on 2 things, her feet to mess it up at least once so she can do it again, and her head on my shoulder with a "LOBE YOU" to go with it. Yes that is the biggest she is learning to talk and hearing her understand and learn just makes me so happy. At times I think my big ole belly and I could jump over the moon. I have to tell you though that I am wondering if she is really my child. You see part of the things that make me happy are thing NONE of my other children do. She always wants to be dressed and I mean always, she will throw her own diaper in the garbage and I know she is ready to PT . My other kids we had to all but force into doing those things and some we are still working on, but that is another post.

For me beyond happiness is joy. The biggest is knowing who I am and knowing that he loves me unconditionally. Or the ways he shows us his love, Like a foggy quite morning when the night before sounded like world war 3. An attentive friend just when you thought nobody noticed you anymore. A new born baby to show you love grows, Just when you didn't think you could love anymore. His beauty In EVERYTHING around me. My husband sometimes says I am nuts because I can see the beauty in the red cliff outside of Vernal and Moab UT when all he sees are rocks. I love the look of a mountain reflected in a calm lake. I love spring when every flower imaginable come outs to greet the world anew. I love that this is the time we remember Christ's love for us and wanting each of us to get back to him in heaven. In winter there are quite scenes that you wish would never go away (except maybe the cold) . Like a lone icecycle hanging perfectly off the side of the house. A lone bare tree in a field of snow. Summer brings kids playing outside and the sounds of laughter everywhere. Fall well that brings harvest and family. I can't even think of a time in fall where my family isn't around. The pumpkin patch where the pumpkins are bigger than the kids. Thanksgiving where the turkey is SOOO good, and everyone is thankful for what they have around them. Christmas well that one is a mixed bag, there is the overwhelming knowledge That Gods and Christ loved us so much that he came here to live just so we all could go back, and then the excitement of every child who just can't wait to see what is under that tree.

Sorry this kept going but as you can see there are just so many things that bring me joy. I feel so blessed and loved.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Aww loved it! So sweet, you are blessed and others are blessed to have you too!