When the burn hits

And I don't mean heartburn. I told you the next time I posted it would be profound. I am sitting here and thinking. I have a friend whose baby is in the NICU and most of the time I know how
one would just want to be left to their thoughts. I just got this burning in my chest that said just call and let her know you have been there and if she needs an ear give it to her.

It happened last night too as I was sitting in a New beginning for my dd and they were talking about how we are all princess' of a king and all will return to him. I again felt a surge in my chest that i need to redouble and help my dd to focus on her effort as well. I spent all night wondering what I could do and it hit me. I am setting goals out of the YW progress book. I figure that way my dd will see her mother's efforts and hopefully want to follow them. I also asked her if she would read with me in the morning just her and I.

SO my goals for the year are write in my Journal often (get ready this blog is about to be huge) and to read the scripture every morning with my dd 1 page a day.

so I am putting forth a challenge. Lisa, V and Kylie (i know you three read and I read your) and anyone else reading. How do you plan to spiritually enrich your year. Give me goals girls.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Biggest thing for me is to make more of an effort to pray to my Heavenly Father, but not be mudane with them, actually talk to him, discuss my feelings, thoughts, thanks, etc. Try to have more of a personal relationship with him.

Your friend does need support, I remember being so alone when I had Chelsea in the NICU, it was a hard time and most people just stayed away. Offer up a dinner, a shoulder to cry on, help with her house, maybe gather the YW to do a personal project of cleaning her house, making dinners, etc. I know any help would be appreciate, even some flowers?