The family TKD

Well I know have a bunch of brown belts in my house. My kids past their testing and are now brown belts.

Christine is nearing the height of her dad.
Tyler is Right in the middle of Tweendom.
Sean desperately wants to grow so that he can get a bigge uniform
and Janet will beat him if he doesn't hurry.
I got the kids into this for various reasons. Christine really wanted to do it and that was not a problem. Tyler needed somewhere that he could go and just be mad but with a purpose. Sean is just so athletic that there was no stopping him, and Janet desperately needed somewhere where she could be proud of what she does and over come her shyness. I got all that ad then some. My kids have made great friends and they are all more confidant in their abilities.

they also go awards for attendance it was second through 4th the 5th place and the first place were not in our family.My husband also got his Blue belt.My little girl Sydnie got her yellow BAR (she is a cub)And I got my yellow (yeah me)
I started because well face it I need the exercise but more than that I needed to know I could do something. I have a Horrible shyness when it comes to doing things in front of people. I choke up and just don't seem to do so well. but with this I have to go in front of 4 black belts and do the very best I can. When I do I am positively rewarded.

We are almost always teased because we are the largest family in TKD, I am not sure that it will stay that way but it would be cool to hope so.


My friends say that we need to have a shirt made that says the family that spars together stays together.

I say we need one that says don't mess with Shumways we Kick TKD butt, or breaking boards promotes family unity.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is wonderful Marlee! I am proud of all of you!

Heidi said...

your font is way too big! But cute pictures,anyway!