fresh meat here I come

I got my Red stripe tonight and this means I have enough classes and have all my stripes to test in 2 weeks.

This last stripe is the one that I am most proud of because I had to work extra hard to get it with my bum knee. I had to learn new ways do certain moves so that I would not injure it further. I had to learn to slow down and look at what i was doing and think things through. I was also really afraid that I would have to learn the moves backwards and relearn entire steps so as not to hurt eh knee. THat or not test at all, and like I said that would just about kill me.

so as I sit here again Icing my knee I am profoundly aware that this is what I love to do and my HF has sent me the best instructor he possible could to help me reach my goals.

Oh and in case you are wondering why I said fresh meat here I come. that is what they call all of the new green belts. we will be sparring for the first time in about 2 weeks.

No comments: