up and down and all around.

THis has been a hard week fro me My mom passed away on Aug 4th 2006. we traveled to UT via Van (7kids 2 adults 1 van =AAAUUUGGGHH)help clean up the house just a little (that part was HARD) then went and dressed mom ( i can say that at least it was nice getting to know my SIL's ) did her makeup She looked so nice. it was an interesting experience that I hope not to have to do for a long time. we laughed and cried and laughed some more and cried some more. She was finally my friend and I will miss her. I know those that read this will be counted as my friends as well, but I could count on my mom to say just the right thing when I needed it. She was a great person to bounce cub Ideas off of and just a great listener.



We had the viewing on Wednesday from 6-8 and My great friends brought me a precious gift to remember my mother by and I am so grateful for that feeling of love. It makes things just a little easier knowing that other down here care for me too. they did the family hour just before that where they explained to all grand kids where grand ma is now and that she is happy and ok. after the veiwing We had a round robin where we told all of our favorite memories of Mom and what she meant to us. My Mother was great even in her fears. I will always and forever remember that no matter what she let us be us. I could bring home what ever and she accepted it. I has snakes (she hated those) lizards (yup hated those too) and Mice (yup those too) not to mention the other Million animals she wasn't afraid of that I brought home. Not once did she ever scream and hide or tell me it had to go out.she just took it in stride. She was even allergic to dogs ans cats ans we always had those growing up.

I am so grateful for that knowledge of the preexistence and eternal life. I am so grateful for t he knowledge I have of my father in Heaven. I know that my mother is happy healthy young and beautiful again. Her back no longer hurts and all those other pains are gone as well. I know she is still watching ans will still hurt when we hurt laugh when we laugh cry when we cry. I know I will see her again and that this will be such fleeting moment for her.

I am the one that will miss her. I will miss her laughter he Halloween fun. The way the house after church smelled of pot roast on Sunday, and tacos on Christmas eve just won't be the same. Every time I see a speckled Cow in the store I will want to buy it for her and I can't. I will always remember her in funky blue eyeshadow.

Her funeral was very well done and will be remembered for making us laugh and cry together. during the dedication of her grave site my husband recieved the call we had been praying for and I know my mother had a hand in making our home possible. I also found out at the same time my new niece Cloe Aurelia Prescott was born. It was wonderful to hear of the gift of life as another passed back though the veil.

after the dedication we did the raditional dinner thing and ate with family and friends and then just my family and my fathers family went to My mother's favorite park and we took some pictures and we just talked. WE must have been there for hours but it was definitely time we needed. you could see the cemetery from the park and just as we were leaving to go home a doe (one of my mothers fav animals ) bounded across the park just in front of us.

we continued my mother born reunion at the pizza party where we say and ate pizza and then talked and talked till we all HAD to go. It was almost like we didn't want to leave. My mothers death brought us all together and I am grateful for that as well. It was so good to see my cousins and I was so sad that we haddn't kept up more but maybe this will redouble those efforts.

I know it will be hard for a few weeks and i will cry more than not. but I so grateful for the knowledge the my heavenly father is hold her perfect spirit in her arms that he is loving her and with the same breath loving me and bringing me peace. I am glad to know he sends me those that comfort me and that some how I can share with them my feelings and testimony. i am glad for the knowledge that I can share.

3 comments:

{krista} said...

Marlee, the funeral sounds like it was a beautiful occassion. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers, love, cyber hugs and kisses for you all.

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing all about your Mom. I'm glad you had a nice time with your family and were able to remember all the wonderful things about your Mom. She sounds like a wonderful lady!

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing that Marlee. And I can see your mother in you.