happy from the sad.

I have no doubt i my mind that my mother is still watching over our not so little family. As we were in the funeral my husband and his bil got calls. the call from my BIL was that my dh's baby sister had just had her second child and named her Cloe Arielia Prescott.

THe second and the one that lets me know mom is still taking care of her kids was the Realtor we have been working with while trying to get a house. He was calling to let us know that the house that we had put an offer n 3 weeks earlier was finally accepted.

YOu have to understand my mother to know she had a hand in it. See back when my younger brother was about 14 he had an early morning cow milkin' job and he was really good at it. well scouting was there too and he wanted his eagle and was doing everything possible to get it. this interupted with milkin' since A) he wouldn't milk on sunday. and B) he couldn't do milkin' on scout night. But he loved the job and his boss loved him. well then sports came along and he wanted badly to do football which ment more time that he couldn't milk. The boss decided that since there were some many times that he couldn't do the milkin' that he would just have to let my brother go. It all but destroyed my brother. He came home and being " A MAN" he didn't want to cry but was visibly hurt by the firing. Well my mother was on the phone so fast with his boss that I swear I could hear his head spin. She asked if my brother had done and was doing a good job for him, I can only assume he said yes. she then asked if he wasever late or slacked off at work again I can only assume he said no. she then told him that if he was doing a good job and wasn't wasting his time then he had no grounds to fire him and that if he didn't rehire him that minute she would be taking him to court.

she almost always carried a walking sick because of her feet and back and I could just see her standing of some dang banker that was looking our offer and in that same non yelling yell tell him that she was sick and tired of seeing us move and that we needed that house and that if he didn't give us that house she would haunt him till the day HE died. I know she is still defending her kids and that she still loves them with all her heart.

No comments: