Told You I would return and report.

SO this is where I was lead.

WORD OF WISDOM
as interpreted by me.
section 89 of D&C

The first thing that hit me is that this isn't a commandment but more of a guideline (seems to me we had a discussion about this on one of the boards I frequent), but that it is the will of our father in Heaven for the return to him of our bodies. this is in verse 2

It comes with a promise and has been adapted for us. ( so do you think maybe it was harder before JS.)V3 Itis a result of the bad things that were done ( dang those tobacco spitting men) and it to be used as a warning. v4 The wine thing I know was chanfed later and the next verse makes that clear. V5 I cross referanced Prov. 20:1 Wine is a mocker and strong drink is raging and whosoever is decieved thereby is not wise. (this totally explains drunk stupid people.) It is to be used for washing. ( I am thinking rubbing alcohol because I would hate to smell like rum)V7

Tobacco is not for the Body or belly of man but for sick cows. (ewe )V8

Hot drinks are not for the body( oh please don't let that mean hot chocolate and herb tea) V9

Herbs are used for nature and Man. ("sigh" that means the herb tea is cleared, wonder if chocolate should be an herb?)V10

EVERY herb and fruit in thier season is to be used with understanding and thankfulness ( this one I had look up so I went laymans terms) V11

To me this was the big one you know eat meat don't eat meat how do we eat meat when do we eat meat. so here we go. Fleash(meat) of beasts and fowl are for man to be used with Thankfulness and sparingly.V12 BUT not only in times of winter or need. V13

ALL grain is to be used for man and beast, it is the staff of life for ALL that live and breathe.V14 (this next came as a shock to me) THESE (grains) are to be used ONLY in times of famine and excess hunger. ( wow the staff of life is for famine? hmm How much have I eaten all ready today? )V15

all grain is for man and as is fruit( didn't he all ready say that guess it needed to be said again)V16 1Then he explained the grains and made me happy by talking about barley being used as a mild drink (yeah Postum) V17

THen comes that promise he talked about. for those that keep these things in thier hearts (again layman terms) and use them will have health and strength in their bones. V18 They shall find wisdom and great treasures of Knowledge. (for me I am hoping this means that all the thinking power I had as a teenager(LOL) will come back even after 7 kids.) V19 They shall run and not be weary and shall walk and not faint( kind of self explanatory) V20 The destorying angel Shall pass by (Long Life)

I guess this has been the desires of my heart lately because this is where I was lead and so I studied and pondered it. The words written here are the conclusions I have come to, I am not saying they will be your conclusions but they are mine. I pray that you will read and pray for your self. BTW as I came to these conclusions the spirit burned in my chest and I have missed that feeling for soooo long.

Now I just need to adapt this and use it in daily life, I have a feeling that if I can do this, the weight that is plaguing me ( i really don't want to die like my mother) will be resolved.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

some great insight...although - it is commandment "No official member in this Church is worthy to hold an office after having the Word of Wisdom properly taught him, and he, the official member, neglecting to comply with and obey it." (Teaching of JS, pg 117) it goes on further to explain that it was presented to the church and a vote was taken to sustain it and incorporate it as commandment...

But I love your insight - and I LOVE that I can actually read your blog now !LOL!

Anna said...

Please re-read verses 12-17 again. Pay attention to the footnotes. Grain is not to be eating in only times of famine. Read the footnote -- meat is for times of famine. In verses 16-17 it tells us "All grain is good for the food of man" and "wheat for man".

Also, yes, the temperature of hot drinks are not good for the body. If you're going to have hot chocolate or herbal tea, it really should be hot. Oh! And herbs (v.10) remember it says wholesome herbs. Pot's a herb, but that is NOT okay. :)

Anna said...

That should say -- shouldN'T be hot.

Kari said...

Inspiring that you are delving into the scriptures like this, really trying to learn more. I need to do better at that!

Hey, I got your voicemail. My cell phone battery died (it doesn't keep a charge long anymore) and I didn't get your message until recently.

Thanks so much for thinking of me. Laren is recooperating slowly. Hey, I'm coming to CO Springs on Sunday for the baptism of one of my dear friends from HS's dd. The baptism is at 5. It'd be so fun to see you and say hello - if I get the time in and it isn't too inconvenient for you.